
As it was expected the main source for reconsidering my project report was reading Diana and Hye Yeon’s works. In this way I could see what sections I had differently approached. So thus, I got a more clear insight into my own project draft and I could put it, at certain parts, into entirely different perspective. After getting my partners feedback at first I got a little bit confused and alarmed. Nevertheless, I thought how awesome it was to exchange the drafts leave comments as well as to read the rubrics for assessing the final projects. Indeed, I was able to see my work with "fresh eyes", as Robert said. I think a process writing approach, revisions which were expected between drafts was fulfilled. What is more, I enjoyed making alterations and refinements knowing that my envision, my overview and conclusion drawn had finally met.
Reading and sharing views about Technology and Learning Styles also was a blessing part of the Week 9 in the course.
In one of my posts about my target group and in the project I mentioned that I am concerned on how to address to students' different language competence and abilities. Although the students in my school are divided into stronger/weaker groups I cannot avoid meeting students' variables. By now I should expand the need for differentiation in terms of different intelligences, that is, learning styles.
This issue brought my thoughts toward another matter, that is, of Students with Special Educational Needs. Although is blessing that the phenomenon has been recognized and dealt with in the NCC, but due to the poor system of diagnosing institutions, which give “the paper”, the inconsistent regulations and practice, and partly to parents' ignorance, there are disabled students learning alongside with non-disabled ones with the same content, time frames and requirements in the same class. I feel it necessary for me to allot attention to the students with special needs even though it is not officially defined.
It is pleasing to know that I will be able to deal with the issues in question with more confidence and technology background for applying the appropriate tool for them. With computer-based support it is possible to involve students in a software-guided step-by-step process, reinforcing positive learning and provides them a supportive, patient environment getting immediate feedback, to allow them to progress at a rate with which they are confident.
All in all, getting to the finish of the course I am not only aware of the tremendous benefits of the course it but I am more and more content to my good fortune to being part of this inspiring, learning environment.

Hi Ildiko,
ReplyDeleteLike you, I am grateful to those who organized this course as I also learned so many things I can use with my students. I am also thankful to all of you who kindly shared your experiences, your thoughts, and your advice.
All the best,
Colomba
Hello Ildiko,
ReplyDeleteSure, to help weaker students in their special needs is a great challenge as you never know if you succeed. To help them we all need special preparation.
Regards,
Egle
Dear Egle and Colomba,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comments reinforcing that we all try to make our best to apply the tremendous experience we gained in this valuable course.
All the best to you,
Ildiko
Hi IIdiko,
ReplyDeleteYou are right. Exchanging our projects with peers, getting the feedback from peers, and revising and improving them – all of these steps were able to create an organic whole as a part and parcel of an enlightening process.
Yes, we all teachers should cultivate the expertise of addressing learning styles of almost all the students.
I am really impressed by the issue which you raised regarding disabled students. If they are learning along with other normal students, then that would be the challenge for the teacher.
However, if the teacher involves them into technology aided activities, then the teacher’s task might be a bit easier. They can, of course, learn according to their own pace and that too with necessary repetitions reconfirming their learning. They can experience supportive and fertile academic environment.
Cheers,
Jit
Hi Ildiko!
ReplyDeleteAs I said on a comment in our group page on the wiki, it was a real pleasure to share hte project production with you and HyeYeon. I really appreciate your comments! Furthermore, I could improve my project a lot from reading yours. In my opinion, it was a great advantage to work together as we have similar issues to deal with. Thank you very much for beaing such a cooperative partner.
Let's keep in touch!
Greetings from Uruguay!