Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

WEEK 3 : 



NEW EXPOSURES of DELICIOUS, LEARNING SKILLS WEBSITES and further step towards my final project

This week was full of “WOW effects” as Robert addresses the feelings caused by an exciting language learning activity, by exploring a new website, for instance. 

I cannot tell how happy I have been to discover the magic tool called Delicious.

This time I was not hesitating to go about setting my account. It was right away obvious for me that delicious would be my best tool. When I heard my classmate’s voice I really fall in love with Vocaroo.

As I wrote on my post, I have never heard about Delicious and social bookmarking before.

Finding my saved links, whenever and wherever, with one click, organizing my tags into bundles will also mean a great potential in my work. This marvelous tool not only offers convenience in preparation to my classes but it allows me to be flexible in any case during the lesson.
Delicious will help me to get rid of my “embarrassment of riches theory”.


I now understand Robert’ comment saying that a lot of options let us decide what works best in our teaching.
I always try to spend a lot of time on the week's readings to form base for taking part in discussions. There were a lot of nice ideas worth considering in the articles on developing listening and speaking skills. I looked at the websites with an eye to the advantages both me and my students can possibly take of. 

I am really convinced that bringing computers in the classroom enables teachers to involve numerous branches of language learning. In particular, I started to have my concern on the individualizing potentials of the computer utilities. 

I add my thought to the discussion about the importance of skills, and the approach to setting up the process of their development. In my view, whatever skill is being taught or paid attention to at a time, I have to give a sense of each factor and phase in the whole learning process.


The Project Task took me closer to seeing the whole process of creating my own work. 

It has been a great honor to me to be able to read a clearly structured, detailed project.

The project is a plan accommodated in a Program rather than a report on technology- based changes submitted in teaching. I would say I have read an online teaching program plan constructed with great ambition.

The goals rooted in Program to prepare the young people to be effective teachers, settled at different places generated by lots of special elements forming them. It was almost obvious that the author was planning to use those technology-based solutions /Nicenet, Delicious, Skype etc/ which the course provided the past webskills student with. 

I appreciate the attention paid to the affective  factor of learning in the project considering the teachers’/learners’ emotional well-being. 


All in all, I have also gained tremendous help to my advancement , quoting Robert, “in this brave new world “

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lidiko !
    Was happy that you too agree with me that week three was really a productive one.I t was really delicious to have the Delicious account.It was beyond my imagination.Don't you think we have started enjoying the course and it's I should call adventurous to be a part of it.Really challenging and full of curiosity.

    Great to have your comments
    PREETI

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hello Preeti,
    Thank you for your kind respond.
    I am entirely going along with you. I have become really inspired by all these adventures we are undertaking. Although I am still racing with time because I am in a habit to devote much time to readings to form basis for discussions. I am determined to get to know as many websites and pages as possible to be able to use them in my work hence “The proof of the pudding is in eating”
    Best wishes, Ildi

    ReplyDelete