Welcome to my blog on "Building Teacher Skills through the Interactive Web"
An e-course scholarship by RELO (Regional English Language Office), US Embassy, Budapest Hungary has made it possible for me to join a 10 week e-course titled "Building Teacher Skills Through the Interactive Web" being offered by the American English Institute, University of Oregon.
I cannot express in words how thankful I am to the RELO assistant, namely Mr Gergo Santha in Budapest for offering this precious opportunity for me.
I had read about the main principles of the course and had some mixed feelings towards all the venues this new field of using the internet in teaching would mean for me. I had had some idea about the fact that submitting assignments requires certain time to devote to doing some preliminary readings, getting to know the website of the course, getting engaged in discussions etc. Let alone creating a blog on Blogger. I am really amazed to see that I am entirely immerse myself in it. It is not only because I have just started to explore this area of learning and teaching but I really enjoyed the process of the discovery.
I was excited throughout the week getting Robert’s instructions and planning to follow them. When I had a problem with joining the Wiki due to my new e-mail address I asked Robert to get the access available for me. It was clear for me to do so as Robert had mentioned in his e-mail that this problem may occur in case I have a different e-mail address from that one I had given when I registered in the class. It was satisfying to see that I can ask and get help when I need it. I was also amazed to meet my class full of nice people.
I must say that the notion of collaboration, teaching while being taught, reflecting to other peoples’ views, exchanging ideas sometimes sound like cliché to me, but during this week they have been gained a real meaning for me. I am a little bit confused by the great amount of experience and experiences and the forthcoming challenge of how to digest and to use all these wonderful things I encountered.
In the photo above I have a pile of paper a folder of posters as some tools for teaching. I do hope that soon I will be able to share some photos in which I am using some more exciting device as proofs of my reflections.
No comments:
Post a Comment