Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Nice bunches along the way Week 4




volingo.com/Client/ConfigureGame.aspx



I am glad to have the chance to go along Webskills Flourishing Path picking up some wonderful flowers for creating bunches of things I have learned and will learn. I named my blog in the first week thinking that taking the course would be a prosperous walk,… and it IS.


Week 4 has also contributed to creating bunches. I read some interesting articles which formed the base for discussing on reading and writing skills. We have shared links of websites containing these language issues. I had a new experience going through the ones which I had never thought of considering for my teaching or learning purpose.

I had wording with Gulnara the importance of integrating the online lessons to our curriculum and use the useful websites considering several factors in our teaching.
This week has brought a lesson for me as well to draw.
It is that the aim of using an Internet component should not be the goal in itself.

Introducing it needs an appropriate well-detailed planning and well-tried workable preparation on my side to reach the goal of the incorporating online lesson.

As for the final project, each step of it contributes to my seeing its framework more clearly. Thank to Robert’s guidelines I try to avoid addressing too many needs or problems so that not get confused otherwise I am not set to go and start seriously thinking about the technology tool to address the problem.


It has been extremely useful and encouraging to read the technology enhanced lesson plans of those classmates who were among the first to accomplish and share their works.
It is also very awesome to know that there are people in the course to devote time and attention to read and make useful and helpful remarks on their classmates' works.
Colomba’s wording of the feeling of those who have never done such a task before is perfect.


I cannot stand yelling “yeees” when I saw my Google doc. after having clicked on the link in the Nicenet post.
One of the additional out-turns of such tasks is that we can use each other's works and ideas in our future teaching as well.


All in all, I have been being more and more absorbed by all this course and I keep on restating to myself that each element of this course has its purpose subjected to the main goal for my sake.

Although I am still struggling with time to be prepared for discussions and to send more personal posts which is my sincere intention, I have created some precious bunches with Robert’s and my colleagues’ help again. I am very grateful to all of them.



5 comments:

  1. Hi Ildikó,

    I like your phrase 'picking up wonderful flowers from the flourishing path of webskills' Let the fragrance of the bunch of flowers you gathered linger around you for a long time.

    Regards
    Sujith

    ReplyDelete

  2. Dear Sujith,

    I am glad you like my phrase and thank you so much for your kind wishes.

    I have just been looking for an appropriate photo taken of our garden for expressing the idea but it seems to take more time than writing my reflections.

    You are also a creative part of the bunch of our precious webskill class.

    Thanks for your comment.
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ildikó,

    I also like your phrase 'picking up wonderful flowers from the flourishing path of web skills' and agree with you that using an Internet component should not be the goal to itself.

    English teaching professionals who work with children in primary schools, adolescents in secondary schools, or students at universities know that these learners behave totally differently then the ones from previous generations. The new generation, or Generation Y, were born into a world of information technology and they are more efficient when having a multitask rather then when being focused on one thing. So we are here at this course for them to offer them the things that they are attracted, too.

    I wish you lots of success in your future work.

    Best regards,

    Amela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Amela,
    Thank you for reading my reflections on Week 4. I am really glad you like my phrase as well. As you could read it, I named my blog at creating it and I believe this week to have been flourishing indeed.

    I share your view thinking that children today acquire computer literacy in a natural way.
    We are to convey language learning making use of their web skills and affection to using Internet in the classes.

    Thank you for your comment,
    I wish you picking up o lot of flowers in the course.
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ildikó,
    Very nice reflections, indeed. It's good to know that you have a real poet among the group. Isn't it great? Not only do we have a nice bunch of flowers, we also have a wonderful bunch of people!!!

    Best regards,
    Colomba

    ReplyDelete