Week 2 - SE and LO
It is high
time to confess that I had had ambiguous feelings towards the web skills online
course.
I had
been eager to learn how to use techniques more productively, on the other hand
I had had questions relating my abilities, knowledge, and other factors needed
to fulfill assignments and meet requirements. Besides I had been afraid of
myself too, knowing that I tend to get not only confused at the beginning of
any field to be explored containing immense information to digest.
But
after the 2 weeks I feel in another way round. Due to the precisely planned and
guided instructions, let alone the delicate manner how Robert conveys his
instructions and suggestions, I only see the bright sides of all
these challenges I am taking.
Turning
to the readings and tasks for this week, I read the handouts, which brought me
safety to understand the tasks and get ideas how to use the SEs more sensibly
and consequently, more easily. I think the useful links both in the handouts
and those of my e-colleagues provided require more time to be able to get to
know them and to use them effectively.
Writing
objectives in ADCD style was again an “increment” of the course for me as I
have never encountered with the six levels of learning in the context of pre-lesson
statement of intended students achievements. My belief that it is important to
clarify objectives at each phase of the teaching/learning process with the
consideration of the categories of learning outcomes and the six levels of
learning has been reinforced. Its contribution to a successful learning process
cannot be overestimated.
I
have no doubts that introducing my target class for the final project was a
thoughtful task as well. Beside thinking about the questions in he handout,
which was a helpful clue again, I thought about how lucky our students’
generation is meeting the flexible system of the education offered by
technology-based instruction. Then I said to myself restating so am I hence I
am experiencing the benefits of learning Interactive Web myself.
The
constant and immediate feedbacks from Robert have also contributed to my
increasing confidence and feeling “safe” being part of this course.


Hi Ildikó: Understandable, many people have similar feelings as you before starting this course. Online learning is new, more independent, and sometimes confusing if not set up well. Luckily we are all in this learning thing together, figuring out what we like or don't like, what works well over the internet and what doesn't. It is a brave new world, and I am glad you and the others are all in it with me.
ReplyDelete~Robert